The Province of BC is currently asking for public input on distracted driving including texting or calling while driving. The BC Cycling Coalition will be submitting recommendations and wants your feedback to help guide our recommendations.
Distracted Driving Poll
Join the MovementSupport safer more enjoyable cycling in BC!
Sign up for our email news to keep up to date on our activities and to see how you can get involved.
I call upon the Government of BC to enable everyone in BC to cycle & walk in safety as part of their daily lives by implementing an Active Transportation Strategy that includes:
- Investing $1 billion over the next ten years to:
- Upgrade cycling & walking facilities on provincial roads & bridges
- Complete cycling & walking networks in communities across BC
- Provide safe routes to school for children
- Build trails & routes for cycling & walking tourism
- Ensuring that paths & protected bike lanes can be safely shared by people using wheelchairs, skateboards & in-line skates
- Enhancing cycling education for children & adults
- Promoting cycling & walking
- Encouraging electric bike use by eliminating the PST & providing rebates
613 needed to reach 5,000