HUB Cycling’s Bike the Night presented by MEC will take place on Saturday, September 16th at 8 pm and is a colourful nighttime bike ride through a car-free downtown Vancouver.
HUB Cycling will open up the downtown streets and the Burrard Bridge so that thousands of riders can experience Vancouver’s most iconic roadways after dark. Deck out your bike in lights, experience Vancouver’s car-free streets, and spread good cycling vibes with over 5000 other riders.
Become BC Cycling Coalition Member, and qualify for the current discounted ticket rate of just $10! Youth 16 and under are free.
Get tickets now at bikethenight.ca.
In addition to a fully permitted night ride on city streets, participants will be invited to the pre-party starting at 6 pm with live music, free body art, bike decorating and mechanic services, and other giveaways. All participants will also be entered to win the grand prize - the Silhouette Bike from MEC!
I call upon the Government of BC to enable everyone in BC to cycle & walk in safety as part of their daily lives by implementing an Active Transportation Strategy that includes:
- Investing $1 billion over the next ten years to:
- Upgrade cycling & walking facilities on provincial roads & bridges
- Complete cycling & walking networks in communities across BC
- Provide safe routes to school for children
- Build trails & routes for cycling & walking tourism
- Ensuring that paths & protected bike lanes can be safely shared by people using wheelchairs, skateboards & in-line skates
- Enhancing cycling education for children & adults
- Promoting cycling & walking
- Encouraging electric bike use by eliminating the PST & providing rebates
798 needed to reach 6,000