The British Columbia Cycling Coalition (BCCC) is seeking an individual with experience in leading fundraising initiatives to join the Board of Directors as the Fundraising Chair.
About the BCCC
The BCCC is a not-for-profit organization committed to making British Columbia a better place for people of all ages to cycle for transportation, recreation and vacation through advocacy, programs, events and education. Our 12 member organizations represent thousands of cyclists throughout the province.
The BCCC is beginning the process of transitioning from a volunteer based organization primarily focused on cycling advocacy to organization with staff support undertaking a range of initiatives in areas including cycling tourism and cycling education in addition to enhanced advocacy capacity.
The Fundraising Chair will refine and lead the implementation of the Fundraising Strategy, focusing on government and foundation grants and corporate sponsorship, grants and membership.
Pending the refinement of the Fundraising Strategy, it is anticipated that the responsibilities of the Fundraising Chair will include:
- Leading the recruitment of other Fundraising Committee members
- Leading the creation an annual fundraising plan and budget, presenting it at the AGM
- Building relationships with potential sponsors and corporate members
- Assisting in the recruitment of staff involved in fundraising
- Reporting progress on fundraising to the Board of Directors for board meetings
As a member of the Board of Directors, this is foremost governance, leadership and mentorship position. During the transition to a staff supported organization, it is expected that the role will also include:
- Leading the recruitment of fundraising staff or consultants
- Leading the submission of applications for capacity-building grants
- Assisting in applications for project and event grants and sponsorship
It is anticipated that the cycling, consulting, construction and tourism industries will be significant targets of fundraising and membership efforts. Contacts and experience in any or all of these industries would be an asset.
This volunteer position is expected to involve five to ten hours per month in addition to attending a two hour board meeting either in person or via conference call. Currently, the board meetings are once every two months. The Board may change soon to monthly board meetings.
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Richard Campbell at: email@example.com