There are a number of great reasons why your business or organization should consider joining the BC Cycling Coalition.
1. Receive recognition for your contribution helping you to reach potential customers.
Our reach is growing by thousands of people a year. Your contribution will help us build our supporter base and in return, your message will get to more people who are passionate about cycling. Please see our recognition packages below.
2. Become part of the leading provincial voice for dramatically better, safer cycling
BC Cycling Coalition is championing innovative initiatives to enable all British Columbians to bicycle for their daily transportation and recreation. The cornerstone of our efforts is to encourage the Provincial Government to invest $1 billion in cycling over the next ten years to complete cycling networks in communities across the Province and upgrade Provincial Bridge and Highways.
Our team has over 60 combined years of experience successfully championing improvements and developing innovative programs that encourage more people to cycle more often including:
- Increased funding for cycling facilities in communities by 50% over three years, $18 million
- Doubling the frequency of shoulder sweeping on highways popular with cyclists
- Province adopting a cycling tourism strategy
- Wider paths on the Ironworkers Memorial Bridge, $20 million
- Cycling and Walking safety upgrades to the Stanley Park Causeway, $7 million
- Central Valley Greenway, $40 million
- Cycling and Walking Path on the Canada Line Bridge, $10 million
When you join the BC Cycling Coalition you add your voice, to an expanding provincial movement calling for safer cycling infrastructure; universal cycling education programs; and a provincial cyclotourism network. Your membership is one of the important sources of funding that sustains us.
3. Easily obtain information and advice from other organizations around the province