Calling all cyclists and interested members of the public in the Parkville, Qualicum Beach, Nanaimo and Campbell River areas. The British Columbia Cycling Coalition (BCCC) in conjunction with new Oceanside Cycling Coalition are pleased to hold a cycling forum and networking meeting focused on moving cycling forward in the region and the province.
Sunday, May 15th
12:30pm to 4pm
Parksville Community and Conference Centre,
132 Jensen Ave E. Map
- Preparing for the Third Wave of Cyclists – Designing cycling facilities for everyone from 8 to 80 Jack Becker
- Five is the New Twenty – The advantages of quickly completing cycling networks – Richard Campbell
- Municipalities have a Choice in its Transportation Plan for the Future – Jack Becker
- Provincial and Federal Cycling Strategies – Increasing cycling while reducing collisions – Richard Campbell
Networking and open discussion with Parksville cyclists
- Local Issues and Opportunities – Open Discussion
- Opportunities to work together – Open Discussion
- Parksville Cycling Direction – Organization, Options, Purpose, Directions
- Soaring Eagle Cycling Routes – Cycling touring routes on North Vancouver Island, E&N Railway
The meeting will be followed by informal discussions over dinner for whoever wishes to do so afterwards.