The British Columbia Cycling Coalition is seeking a passionate, ambitious, and enthusiastic individual who shares our dedication for improving cycling to join our organization during this exciting period of growth.
This multi-faceted position will play a key role in our continued development and help build a strong movement for safe cycling and walking in BC. Responsibilities include key organizational tasks including building strategic relationships with businesses, governments, not-for-profit organizations and major donors; increasing revenue through organizational and business memberships and sponsorships; and engaging organizations, businesses and major donors in our campaigns, advocacy efforts and programs.
The British Columbia Cycling Coalition (BCCC) is a not-for-profit society consisting of individuals and organizations dedicated to safe and comfortable cycling for people of all ages and abilities. We work with government, business, and not-for-profit organizations to help enable everyone in BC to ride a bike for their daily trips, recreation and vacation while eliminating fatalities and serious injuries.
Our campaigns and advocacy efforts include an Active Transportation Strategy, $100 million per year for active transportation, updates to the Motor Vehicle Act, a Safer Passing Law and Saving Rail Trails from Motorized vehicles. Our Programs include Moving Active Transportation Forward in BC, the BC Bikes and Walks summit, Kids on Wheels and Bike Sense.
- Engaging organizations, businesses and key individuals in BC Cycling Coalition campaigns and programs
- Building and strengthening strategic relationships with organizations, businesses, governments and large donors
- Increasing revenue to fund campaigns and programs by leveraging these key relationships
- Leveraging these relationships to win campaigns and advocacy efforts
- Coordinating and mentoring the relationship building and fundraising efforts of other personnel, the board and volunteers
- Communicating with partners and supporters regarding campaigns and programs via meetings, email, the website and social media
Experience, skills, and assets
- A passion for positive change, community-building, and environmentally sustainable communities are strong assets
- Strategic relationship, coalition and network building experience
- Fundraising through sponsorship, membership, donations and advocacy campaigns
- Project management experience
- Campaigning experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Nationbuilder, CRM systems and Google Docs an asset.
- Experience grant writing an asset.
Knowledge, experience and connections within the consulting, road building, bicycle, urban design, outdoor goods, tourism, government, health and transportation sectors are also an asset.
This is a contract position starting early October for 80 hours per month which may increase as more funding becomes available. The intention is for this to be an on-going position. The initial period of the contract will be six months conditional on performance targets being met. The hourly rate will around $30 per hour depending on experience.
This position will be based in Vancouver or Victoria.
How to apply
To apply, please complete and submit the form below with your resume attached. The deadline is midnight October 2, 2018.
Or can your email your resume and a short cover letter explaining what excites you about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Director of Development and Engagement" in the Subject.
Interviews will be held soon.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.