My Vision for Cycling and Walking
Create Your Own Vision for the Cycling and Walking for Everyone Petition
It is time for bold action now to enable every child, woman and man in BC to cycle or walk for their everyday trips.
The British Columbia Cycling Coalition is recommending that as part of the new Climate Leadership Plan, the Government of BC invest a billion dollars over ten years in cycling and walking to make this happen. Cycling and walking will become attractive choices for everyone, leading to significantly improved fitness and reduced greenhouse gas emissions, pollution, congestion, and traffic injuries and fatalities.
To help make this a reality, please share some or all of the following:
- your vision for cycling in your community or BC
- what a billion for cycling and walking would mean to your family, friends, community, organization or business
- what cycling and walking improvements you would really like to see in your community
- why cycling is important to you
You can also include a cycling photo or an image that inspires you.
Then share it with your friends to encourage them to sign the Cycling for Everyone - Billion for Bikes petition!
I call upon the Government of BC to enable everyone in BC to cycle & walk in safety as part of their daily lives by implementing an Active Transportation Strategy that includes:
- Investing $1 billion over the next ten years to:
- Upgrade cycling & walking facilities on provincial roads & bridges
- Complete cycling & walking networks in communities across BC
- Provide safe routes to school for children
- Build trails & routes for cycling & walking tourism
- Ensuring that paths & protected bike lanes can be safely shared by people using wheelchairs, skateboards & in-line skates
- Enhancing cycling education for children & adults
- Promoting cycling & walking
- Encouraging electric bike use by eliminating the PST & providing rebates