Gavin Davidson commented on Electric Bike Emailer 2018-12-03 15:34:16 -0800Electric assist bikes can extend cycling as a transportation
Take Action: Tell the Leaders to Remove the PST and Add Rebates for E-bikesLet them know how more affordable electric bikes and dramatically increased investment in cycling networks will help you and others in your community get around.1,086 PEOPLE HAVE SENT EMAILS414 needed to reach 1,5001,086 PEOPLE HAVE SENT EMAILSBC Cycling:email@example.comThank You for Supporting Rebates and Eliminating the PST on E-bikesDear recipient.first_name_or_friend
Thank you for supporting removing the PST on and adding rebates for e-bikes. Your letter really helps!
Your message below has been sent to mailer.to and copied to mailer.cc
Please help with this campaign:
- Share with your Facebook friends
- Tweet to your followers
- Email your friends. A sample email is below
Your donation will help us reach more people who are passionate great cycling:
BC Cycling Coalition
Please join me in helping to electric bikes more affordable for people in BC. Send a email in support of removing the PST on and adding rebates for e-bikes.
Let the leaders know how electric bicycles can help you, your family and friends get around more sustainably. It only takes a minute or two and will really help make a difference!
Here is the message I just sent:
Gavin Davidson donated 2016-08-04 07:56:28 -0700
The BC Cycling Coalition is your voice for great bike routes everywhere. We are working hard to enable everyone in the Province to bike for their daily trips while eliminating fatalities and injuries.
Your membership really helps support our efforts to encourage the Government to invest $1 billion over ten years in safe bike routes around B.C.
A monthly membership through reoccurring payments is $2.50/month. This commitment will help provide more certainty for our campaigns and advocacy efforts. (If you are a new member, you will be eligible to vote at our AGM and receive membership benefits once your totally contributions reach $15).Donate
Gavin Davidson donated 2017-11-15 15:49:19 -0800$10,960.00 raisedGOAL: $15,000.00
Your generous contribution will help us mobilize the support needed to convince the Provincial and Federal Governments to make bold investments in cycling & walking through:
- Outreach to organizations and businesses
- Petitioning to show the government that a lot of people support better cycling
- Meeting with politicians and staff
- Press releases and op-eds
Gavin Davidson signed A Billion for Biking & Walking Petition 2016-02-08 00:02:13 -0800Gavin Davidson
Bold Action Now
It is time for bold action now to enable every person, including older adults and children, in BC to cycle or walk safely for their everyday trips and recreation.
Investing $1 billion over ten years in cycling and walking will send a strong message to the world that BC is serious about addressing Climate Change.
Cycling and walking will become attractive choices for everyone, leading to significantly improved fitness and reduced greenhouse gas emissions, pollution, congestion, and traffic injuries and fatalities. The paths and protected bike lanes could also be used by people in wheelchairs and other mobile devices.
Investing in cycling and walking will benefit the economy by increasing tourism, reducing healthcare costs, increasing workplace productivity, attracting talented workers, and reducing the societal costs of traffic fatalities and injuries.
Cycling is Popular
There is broad public support for cycling improvements. In the B.C. on the Move Engagement Survey, 72% of respondents supported enhancing cycling infrastructure. Cycling is popular. Almost 70% of adults in BC ride a bicycle at least once a year, 42% at least once a month and 25% at least once a week. Many want to cycle more, with around 65% indicating they would ride more if there were separated bike lanes that protected them from traffic.
A Transportation Bargain
On a per dollar basis, we all benefit more from cycling more than other modes. While bike paths and protected bike lanes are a bargain that will benefit far more people per dollar invested than other transportation projects, it does take a significant amount of cash to build networks of them in communities around the Province. For example:
- Metro Vancouver: $850 million
- Capital Regional District: $275 million
- City of Kelowna: $267 million (cycling and walking)
- City of Chilliwack: $27 Million
- City of Kamloops: $13 Million
At current rates of investment, these plans will take 30, 40 or even 50 years to complete, leaving people to brave busy roads on their bikes or more likely, not bothering to bike at all. Today's children will be grandparents by then.
The Provincial investment combined with local and federal funds will enable the completion of ambitious local and regional plans across BC. For example, the Metro Vancouver Regional Cycling Strategy predicts that upon network build out, cycling will increase to 10% of trips. The CRD Regional Pedestrian and Cycling Master Plan predicts cycling network build out cycling mode share will increase to 15%.
The funding for the $1 billion investment could come from a variety of sources including an increase in the Carbon Tax, predicted budget surpluses, a reallocation of transportation budget, cutting the tax break on those earning over $150,000 or a tax on sugary drinks.
By providing people with practical and safe transportation choices, this investment would decrease the rate of the Carbon Tax required to meet Provincial goals also saving money for those who don't cycle or walk.
More Info6,618 signatures
I call upon the Government of BC to enable everyone in BC to cycle & walk in safety as part of their daily lives by implementing an Active Transportation Strategy that includes:
- Investing $1 billion over the next ten years to:
- Upgrade cycling & walking facilities on provincial roads & bridges
- Complete cycling & walking networks in communities across BC
- Provide safe routes to school for children
- Build trails & routes for cycling & walking tourism
- Ensuring that paths & protected bike lanes can be safely shared by people using wheelchairs, skateboards & in-line skates
- Enhancing cycling education for children & adults
- Promoting cycling & walking
- Encouraging electric bike use by eliminating the PST & providing rebates
Gavin Davidson donated 2015-01-29 17:52:03 -0800$6,500.00 raisedGOAL: $15,000.00
Imagine that within the next ten years, you, your family and friends can safely and comfortably cycle across the region to work, school, shopping and transit as well as for recreation and exercise. And, when you would rather take transit, there is a bus or a train nearby arriving within a few short minutes.
A Yes vote will bring:
- $131 million for 2700km of cycling routes including 300km of paths separated from traffic
- BC Parkway and Central Valley Greenway upgrades
- North Shore Spirit Trail and Evergreen Bikeway expansion
- Cycling routes parallel to LRT lines in Surrey and Langley.
We will also be using this opportunity to connect with people who support cycling improvements in their communities and engage them in Provincial cycling issues including:
- Funding for bike paths and protected bike lanes
- Cycling and driving education
- Improvements to the Motor Vehicle Act including allowing riding 2 abreast and a safe passing distance law.
Your donation will enable us to reach out to people who support cycling, walking and transit through:
- Outreach on streets and at transit stations
- Tabling at events
- Videos by Gordon Price, Melissa & Chris Bruntlett, David Phu and Michael Champion of Vancouver Cycle Chic
- Flyers, signs and other campaign materials
If you would like to provide on-going support for our advocacy efforts and programs, please consider making an on-going monthly donation.Donate
Gavin Davidson donated 2014-08-10 07:15:41 -0700$6,354.00 raisedGOAL: $10,000.00
By donating to the BC Cycling Coalition, you are supporting our efforts to make cycling safe, accessible and more comfortable for everyone in B.C.
Over the next few months, we will be focusing on encouraging the Provincial Government to make cycling a key part of their new Climate Leadership plan. Specially, we recommend that they invest $1 billion over the next 10 years to complete all ages and abilities cycling networks in communities around B.C and upgrade Provincial roads and bridges.
As well, we will be encouraging them to:
- support cycling education
- improve the Motor Vehicle Act to include a safe passing distance law and allowing riding two abreast
- Remove the PST on and add rebates for electric bikes
- reduce hazards and improve maintenance on roads and paths
- support cycling tourism
Your contribution is critical to help make this happen.
You can either make a one-time donation below or make on-going monthly contributions here.
If you wish to become a member of the BC Cycling Coalition, please purchase a membership.
You can also make donations to specific BC Cycling Coalition programs:Donate
Gavin Davidson donated 2014-08-10 07:10:40 -0700
The BC Cycling Coalition is your voice for safe bike networks everywhere. By joining us, you are supporting our efforts to enable everyone in BC to cycle for their daily trips, recreation & vacation.
Our team has over 60 years of experience successfully championing improvements & programs that encourage more people to cycle more often including:
- Increased cycling funding for communities by 50% over 3 years, $18 million
- Doubling shoulder sweeping frequency on highways popular with cyclists
- Wider paths on the Ironworkers Memorial Bridge, $20 million
- Central Valley Greenway, $40 million
- Cycling & Walking Path on the Canada Line Bridge, $10 million
Our campaigns include encouraging the Province to:
- Develop a cycling & walking strategy
- Invest $100 million/year in biking & walking networks
- Improve the Motor Vehicle Act cycling including a Safer Passing Law
- Make rail trails non-motorized
A household membership is $30 plus $10 per additional member from your household.Donate