The plan commits $2.5 billion over three years for transportation. Going forward, as part of a complete Active Transportation Strategy, the BCCC recommends the Province invest $100 million per year to:
- Upgrade cycling and walking facilities on Provincial highways and bridges
- Complete cycling and walking networks in communities around BC.
- Create Safe Routes to School for B.C. children
- Build trails and paths used by cycling and walking tourists and residents
Include the cycling projects below or suggest other ones in your region. State the issues and suggest possible solutions. Now is the time to dream big. Already the Province has committed $7 million for the Stanley Park Causeway safety improvements and $7.2 for the Okanagan Rail Trail. Please propose solutions that work for cyclists of all ages and abilities as well as pedestrians.
Possible projects include:
- Trail or path networks or regional routes
- Wider shoulders or a bike lane along a road or highway
- A separated path along a busy road or highway
- Separate walking and cycling paths along a busy road
- A wider shared path on a bridge or overpass
- A new cycling and walking overpass over a busy highway or railway
- A new cycling and walking bridge over a river or stream
- Improvements for cycling and walking at a busy intersection on a highway
- Improved access to a bridge designed for high speed cycling
Your support is critical to our efforts to make cycling safer, comfortable and more convenient, please
Let Minister Stone and your MLA know that safer cycling is important to your family and community.
Or consider Volunteering.