Thanks to the Job Creation Partnership (JCP) Program, the BC Cycling Coalition will be partnering with WorkBC to provide two clients with critical research, networking, partnership building, event organization, project management and public relations work experience. Applicants must be Active EI Claimant.
The Summit Event Planners will play a critical role in delivering the BC Active Transportation Summit. The BC Active Transportation Summit (June 17-18, 2019) will bring together active transportation stakeholders from government, industry and non-profits to share the expertise needed to help enable everyone to incorporate active transportation into their daily trips by making walking, cycling and wheelchair use practical, safe and comfortable year round in communities across BC.
- Developing event timelines
- Liaising with partners, sponsors, presenters and delegates
- Assisting with program development and scheduling
- Managing and training event volunteers
- Networking and building partnerships
- Organizing event logistics
- Coordinating summit committee meetings
- Conducting summit evaluation and project analysis.
- Writing project reports
A participant may be eligible if he/she:
- is on an Active EI Claim (called an Active EI Claimant); or
- has received EI Benefits in the past (called a Reachback EI Client or Former EI Claimant); or
- has earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings and paid EI employee premiums on those in earnings in at least 5 of the last 10 years (Note: The 5 years do not have to be consecutive years).
- participants will be required to register with a local WorkBC office to ensure eligibility
- Participants on EI will continue to receive EI throughout the duration of this program. They will also receive an additional $5/hour stipend, based on a 35 hour work week. It is anticipated that participants will spend approximately 4 additional hours per week looking for permanent employment during the duration of this program
Duration: 31 weeks starting January 7 and ending August 9, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC
Required Equipment: Must have a laptop and cell phone that can be used for this position
How to Apply
Once referred by your case manager for an interview, please complete and submit the form below with your resume attached. Or can your email your resume and a short cover letter explaining what excites you about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with "BC Active Transportation Event Planner" in the Subject.
The Employment Program of British Columbia is funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia