The British Columbia Cycling Coalition is seeking a passionate, ambitious, experienced and enthusiastic individual who shares our passion for cycling and walking to join our team as the BC Active Transportation Summit Manager.
The BC Active Transportation Summit (June 17-18, 2019) will bring together active transportation experts from government, industry, academia and non-profits to share the expertise needed to help enable everyone to incorporate active transportation into their daily trips by making walking, cycling and wheelchair use practical, safe and comfortable year round in communities across Metro Vancouver and BC.
This position will involve coordinating all aspects of the Summit including the supervision of two Job Creation Partnership (JCP) Program participants working on the Summit to help them gain practical experience and develop new skills.
The British Columbia Cycling Coalition (BCCC) is a not-for-profit society consisting of individuals and organizations dedicated to safe and comfortable cycling for people of all ages and abilities. We work with government, business, and not-for-profit organizations to help enable everyone in BC to ride a bike for their daily trips, recreation and vacation while eliminating fatalities and serious injuries.
- Developing project plans
- Coordinating summit promotion, outreach, program and logistics
- Supervising two Summit assistants ensuring they gain practical work experience and skills
- Building and strengthening strategic relationships with organizations, businesses, governments and sponsors
- Reporting on Summit results and outcomes
Experience, skills, and assets
- Conference and event coordination experience
- Staff supervision experience
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic relationship, coalition and network building experience
- A passion for positive change, community-building, and environmentally sustainable communities are strong assets
- Experience with Nationbuilder, CRM systems and Google Docs is an asset.
Knowledge, experience and connections within the consulting, road building, bicycle, urban design, outdoor goods, tourism, government, health and transportation sectors are also an asset.
This is a contract position starting early January 2019 at 20 hours per week for 31 weeks. Additional hours may be available especially for those with sponsorship and volunteer management experience.
The hourly rate will be around $35 per hour depending on experience.
This position will require a laptop and a cell phone.
This position will be based near downtown Vancouver.
How to apply
To apply, please complete and submit the form below with your resume attached. The deadline is midnight January 3, 2019.
Or can your email your resume and a short cover letter explaining what excites you about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with "BC Active Transportation Summit Manager" in the Subject.
Interviews will be held soon.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.